1. Alice and Olivia was very good to me in December (not so much in June). Despite the madness I fought my way out with this fox trimmed coat, beaded leather jacket and lace stunner that is just spectacular. You can see more pics here.
Here are a few of my favorite mod shots of these pieces.
Read about this look here. The Charlotte Olympia patent heels and my lips clutch (seen below in my CFAC pic) are pretty awesome but she lost her right for a number when she insulted us with her poor selection and increased prices at her second NYC sample sale.
Read about this look here.
Read about this look here.
2. Sophia Webster was a long time coming for me. After missing out last year I was determined to score some beauties this year. I came home with these gorgeous $95 press samples. You can read more about my adventure here.
3. Let's not forget my gorgeous new furs and leathers from Elizabeth and James. You can read my sale report here and my haul post here.
I wore my new cropped Garcia fur to Couture for a Cause and met Christian Siriano.
4. Can't beat the Sergio Rossi sample sale and their $25 shoes. In hindsight I wish I'd sprung for a couple crazy bejeweled pairs.
See this Chloe look here.
My $160 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli - see this look here.
Penny Pradas! Gave most of these away for Chanukah gifts to my siblings. Even grandma got a pair LOL.
My $1,095 Marc Jacobs Small Antonia was just $25 after Clear the Rack discount and Nordstrom Notes!
YSL Tributes for $131.23!
My 80% off (Retail $1,295) Marc Jacobs small Gotham keeps getting pulled out too :) If you scroll up, I wore it with my blue fur collared Alice and Olivia coat.
See this look here. This pic got picked up by Century 21 and used on their website for my 75% off Rebecca Minkoff heels.
My penny Stuart Weitzman boots (retail $685!) keep getting tons of compliments. My penny finds have really spoiled me - they make it really hard to actually pay for stuff LOL.
Let's not forget my Rockstuds!!! I waited so long for these I think I may have cried a little when I got them LOL.
6. Rebecca Minkoff definitely merits a spot. So many new favorites in this fall haul. See sale report here.
One of my Jumbo Loves and my Ilan booties - see this look here.
My Love backpack and $25 Sari boots - see this look here.
Shared this pic on Insta of my super comfortable rosegold flats and the coordinating pair I picked out for my girl, A Sequin Love Affair :)
And my spring haul wasn't half bad either. You can read that sample sale report here.
7. At Rebecca Taylor's spring sample sale I found some of my favorite summer dresses. The fall sale wasn't nearly as good. I'm still living in my Kiku print dress. I actually found another in white but it's waiting for the summer.
I've worn this dress multiple times but this pic is my fave. Photo by Erik Soulliard.
8. It's been a while but let's not forget the amazing Tamara Mellon sample sales! You can read my February sale report here but my favorite pieces included my $100 leather dress (retail $1,495!) and $395 leather belt that I scored for $15. I wore the dress to CFAC (see above) but I first wore it to a wedding, here. All my cheap shoes I got at their first sample sale the previous year.
9. The LK Bennett sample sale was so much fun because a few sample sale friends of mine stumbled upon their private sale and texted me to race over. Scored all of these for $20 each!!! Scroll up to see me wear the yellow pumps with my Pashli and I wore my Summer sandals a couple times too.
Shared this pic on the blog and Insta here.
See this look here.
10. Last but not least is Jimmy Choo. Their spring sale was far superior to their fall but I managed to score at both. You can see my spring haul here.
Totally obsessed with my $250 Blare tote - retail $3,050!
See this look here.
And my $250 violet Charm satin clutch that's fully strassed in Swarovski crystals packs quite the punch.
Other honorable mentions include the pink dot sale at the Saks outlet (where everything was $15!), Century 21's 90% off sales (see here and here), yellow stickers at TJ Maxx/Marshalls - which is coming again shortly! (see here and here), the Rent the Runway warehouse sales (here and here) where I got my $1,695 Moschino Barbarella bag for $166.05, and the Dannijo sample sale where I got some gorgeous baubles. This year in thrift has been pretty weak (relatively speaking) but I suspect it's because I've been focusing on sample sales instead of thrift stores which has paid off tenfold. I'm so happy to fit into sample sizes again. No more living in H&M knockoffs and cheap thrift dresses - although I do have some pretty cute pieces from there.
Just in case you need them too - I'm linking some of my favorites for you to shop. I've saved THOUSANDS of dollars on mine this year.
And last but certainly not least...a group of bloggers and I have teamed up to bring you a fabulous giveaway you can't resist! We're giving one precious follower a grand prize of a brand spanking new 21.5" iMac and the second prize winner will receive a lovely Kate Spade handbag. By following as many bloggers as you want on the Gleam widget below, you will have better chances of winning! There are 125 ways to enter. Good luck lovelies!
Photo credit: Glitter Guide
21.5" iMac + Kate Spade Handbag
Good luck! Would love to hear if you agree with my picks! Is there anything you think I should have included?