Spring decided to play the biggest April Fools joke and tease us with warm weather...then drop to freezing again. I honestly didn't think I'd get to wear my new sample sale cape until next year. I dragged my husband out to shoot my bargainista OOTD in the wind and the rain and you can gradually see my hair frizzing out LOL.
I tallied up this look and for less than $100 I put together a $1,800+ outfit. That's better than 90% off and gotta be a record for me. It did help that both the sunglasses and shoes were a penny :)
To get the perfect shade of red I mixed a few lipsticks. I started with Toxic Tale (bright coral) by MAC, layered on (matte red) Ruby Woo, and topped it off with Secret Affair by Sephora for a little shine.
From head to toe:
- Sunglasses: Prada, Nordstrom Rack, $0.01 (retail approx $350)
- Cape: Vince Camuto, sample sale, $25 (retail $199)
- Shirt: Electric Circus, Nordstrom Rack, $3.50 (retail $34)
- Skirt: Donna Karan, sample sale, $30 (retail $695)
- Bag: Rebecca Minkoff love bag, sample sale, $30 (retail $325)
- Gloves: Carolina Amato fingerless leather gloves, sample sale, $10 (retail $45)
- Boots:Vince Camuto Tecca, Nordstrom Rack, $0.01 (retail $159)
You can shop my look here:
BTW, Target's April beauty box is available today! I've been wanting to try some cleansing wipes for my face, and you know I can't say no when they throw in a lipstick. For $7 I'm game :) Hurry - because they always sell out quickly!
ETA - ALREADY SOLD OUT!
Happy Monday! Looking forward to a great week :)